Wright Development Services was created by Doug Wright in 2007 to facilitate his participation in the strong real estate development market which was on the horizon in El Paso, Texas.
Doug’s 45-year career in real estate development has included a broad range of experience. Prior to the creation of Wright Development Services, Doug served as President of Hunt Communities, the largest master-planned community developer in El Paso County, and as Senior Vice President of Hunt Building Company, one of the nation’s largest military family housing developers.
Prior to Doug’s affiliation with Hunt, he was the Western Regional Partner of JPI, a large national apartment developer based in Dallas. In that position, Doug headed a team of La Jolla, California developers, and was responsible for all of the company’s developments in California, Hawaii and Nevada. Doug also served as Vice President of Archstone-Smith, one of the largest apartment REITs in the country.
Doug has held senior management positions in large and small companies, public and private. During much of that time, Doug was the owner of apartment development and construction companies, with offices in Newport Beach, California and El Paso, Texas, with projects in California, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas.
Doug’s real estate development experience includes:
· Over 7,700 apartment units, with initial valuations totaling more than $750,000,000.
· Four office parks, comprised of over 300,000 square feet of rentable space.
· Multiple industrial buildings in three industrial parks, comprising over 1,000,000 square feet of rentable space.
· Five hotels, comprising 1,200 suites, with initial valuations totaling more than $150,000,000.
· Miscellaneous retail and self-storage projects.